Friday, September 3, 2010

Hypocrisy


I learned that hypocrisy is a silent destroyer of our relationship with God...God hates hypocrisy... this is the next-red letter words in the Bible.

"Be careful! When you do good things, don't do them in front of people to be seen by them. ... don't be like the hypocrites... Mat 6:1-18

RG: Lord please teach me about hypocrisy.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: RG, it is exactly what I said it is "doing good things to be seen by people". It's not real, it's plastic, it is not who you really are from the inside, it's for a show. And I don't like it.

RG: Lord, I read from the Bible how you unleashed your anger towards the Pharisees because of hypocrisy.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: Go ahead RG, write that portion of the Scriptures here so that while you are writing and reading it you can feel my heartbeat against hypocrisy.

RG: Yes Lord here it is;
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. Mat 23:23-29
Lord, You were really angry when you saw the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: Not only to the Pharisees and teachers of the Law RG. At the beginning of the Church I made a clear and strong signal that hypocrisy should never be part of my people. There was point in time when everybody were selling their possessions and bringing everything into the Apostles feet for distribution, there was this couple wanting to make a show for everyone to see that they were doing the same thing. I want you also to write that story here RG so that you can feel my heartbeat against hypocrisy.

RG: Ok Lord here it is;
Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet. Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God." When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. Then the young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him. About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?" "Yes," she said, "that is the price." Peter said to her, "How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also." At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events. Act 5:1-11
Oh Lord this was really a fearful sight that Ananias and Sapphira just fell dead on their feet. I know that it was not because they did not give 100% of the sales that they suffered death, but it was because they lied and make others believed (including the Apostles) that they gave 100% of the sales to show to the people how dedicated they are.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: That is right RG, all acts of hypocrisy are lying. Hypocrisy RG is not only present among unbelievers, it is present among believers, oh yes, the saddest thing is, it is ruining the lives of many Christian Leaders.
They are so good and loving to their constituents but harsh to their wives and children.
They are so good and making advise and quoting verses but ignoring same advise and verse.
They have done so little in the ministry but very quick to take the honor of some successes in the ministry.
They are quick to say "I'll pray/I am praying for you" but have never prayed for so long.
Theyare quick to give to some announced needs but neglect the need of his neighbor and family members.
I can enumerate more and more acts of hypocrisy here and I want you to know that I am very sad that my children has to engage in this charade.

RG: Lord I am guilty of hypocrisy, forgive me Lord... please teach me more about this silent destroyer of my relationship with you.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: Hypocrisy is an attempt to maintain an image, it is also an attempt to exalt yourself and gain honor and glory. You know from the start RG that honor and glory should only belong to God and you will always be in trouble if you attempt to take it and put it in you. When Satan tried to get it and put it on himself, he ends up as the enemy of God. God is a jealous God and He can not allow His glory to be taken by others. It's not not because He is a self centered God, but it is for your own good, you are created as a giver of glory to God not a taker of glory that belongs to God.

RG: Lord teach me how can I overcome hypocrisy.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: First settle it in your heart that ALL GLORY and HONOR should only belong to God. Let God exalt you if He wish but never seek it from people. Secondly, I think you need to know by heart that I have already accepted you as you are, so don't have to lie and be hypocrite just to feel accepted by people. Make my acceptance as more important than the acceptance that you long from other people. I love you RG, I know you and I choose you to be mine, you don't have to make a charade of who you are, I have forgiven you and accepted you as you are and now I am working to transform you into my own likeness.

RG: oh Lord, my God how wonderful you are!


Go and Make Disciples of all Nations

Understanding Islam