Friday, August 27, 2010

Blessed to be a Blessing



What is God's purpose when God called us to himself? Here's the next red-letter words in my Bible.

Mat 5:13-16 "You are the salt of the earth.'.... "You are the light of the world.


RG: Lord what do you mean by being salt of the earth and light of the world?

The Lord Jesus seems to say: You know RG when the Father brought you to me, I have two main purposes. These purposes are generally the same as when I called Abraham out of Ur of Chaldean. First, I want to bless you. Second, I want to make you a blessing to others.

RG: Wow Lord! what a purpose to live with. Oh I like the first one, but I need more grace for the second one hehehehe.

The Lord Jesus seems to say:Yes I know, I can still smell your concept of blessing. I want to
reitirate RG that the ultimate "Blessing is ME".

RG: Yes Lord I need to learn this "that the ultimate blessing is YOU". It will not matter what my life situation is, may I be in abundance or in wants, in good health or in sickness, honored or ridiculed and persecuted.I understand that although I have you in full as the "great blessing" yet many of its effects has yet to come.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: That is right RG, unless I am sufficient to you, you will never experience the abundant life that I promised you to have.

RG: Lord before we leave this topic of "Blessing me" puede mohirit? You mentioned about Abraham, and if I look at him in the Bible, indeed he became very wealthy, and he indeed became a great nation, is this not your ultimate blessing to him?

The Lord Jesus seems to say:Hehehehe I know what you are implying, but go ahead read the life of Abraham and find out what is his greatest blessing. Everytime you read any form of blessing I gave to Abraham list them down.

RG: Oh This is exciting...ok Lord I will read about his life again.. (turned to the Bible and start reading from Gen 12) Ok Lord I will start my list now:
1.I will make you into a great nation (Gen. 12:2)
2.I will make your name great (Gen. 12:2)
3. I will make you a blessing (Gen. 12:2)
4. I Will deal with people the same way they will deal with you. If they bless you I bless them If they will curse you I will also curse them. (Gen. 12:3)
5. I will bless all people on earth through you. (Gen. 12:3)
6. I will give this land (Canaan) to your offspring.(Gen. 12:7)
7. Abram (In Egypt) acquired sheep and cattle, male and female donkeys, menservants and maidservants, and camels.
8. Abram had become very wealthy in livestock and in silver and gold.(Gen 13:2)
9. Their (Abraham and Lot) possessions were so great that they were not able to stay together. (Gen 13:6)
10. (Abraham, Standing in Canaan God told him)"Look north, south, east and west all the land you see I give you and your offspring forever.(Gen 13:14-15)
11. I will make your offspring numbering like the dust on earth (Gen13:16)
12. Abram (became mighty) returned from defeating Kedorlaomer and the kings allied with him (Gen 14:17)
Ok Lord I think I have listed all and these proved my point on how you blessed Abraham.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: I want you to read a little bit farther...

RG: Ok Lord, I am now in Gen 15...(shocked!) Oh my God, here is what you want to say about your greatest blessing to Abraham.
Gen 15:1 After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward."
Oh Lord, so it was not the things I envied about Abraham's blessing. But Abraham's greatest blessing is YOU...YOU are his greatest reward!

The Lord Jesus seems to say: You are right RG, It's my personal relationship with Abraham that I valued most, the same way as I value my relationship with you. That is why my greatest blessing and reward to both of you is MYSELF. Yes, there were great men in the Bible like Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David and many others. Many of them became wealthy and mighty. But I want you to remember them as "men who walked with ME", "MY friends", "men after My own heart" and "men who trusted ME".

As to the other blessings? who gave and will fulfill them anyway? is it not I? I gave them to you according to what you can handle and for a purpose. Abraham can handle great wealth and power, and you can handle the things that you have now. At the end its not how much I gave you, but I will make an account on how you handle them.

RG: Thank you Lord for driving it deeper into my heart. Thank you for giving your self to me as the Ultimate blessing of God. Now I am ready to listen for the next purpose why God brought me to you.

The Lord Jesus seems to say: When I came on earth, I came as light when you accepted me the light was transfered to you. I expect you to pass on this light to others. You are also the salt of the earth called to preserve the decaying society and be a seasoning in this unpalatable world.

RG: This is a big responsibility Lord. how can I do it?

The Lord Jesus seems to say: RG you cannot be a light and salt apart from me. As you walk close with me, people around you will see it and will be blessed. because if you walk close with me, you will be sensitive with my instructions and as you obey, people will be blessed. They will see you as my follower and then recognize God in you. Then you must tell them about me so that they too can receive the blessing. This is the way the blessing moves from one person to the other. This should continue until all nations on earth hear about this blessing and then I will come to give you and others who accepted me the full effect of this blessing.

RG: Lord why do you need to do it with us? You can do it by yourself or with your angels right?

The Lord Jesus seems to say: Yes I can...but I chose to involve you because I love you. I want to bless you more, I want you to know me better, I want to pour my heart to you what I feel towards these people. I want you to be my friend who knows my heartbeat, that's why...

RG: Oh Lord, I am your unworthy servant...but I thank you for the privilege for being salt and light.

Go and Make Disciples of all Nations

Understanding Islam