Friday, March 13, 2009

Are you a Lordship Savationist?

Mga Igsoon,
Dili matugkad ang akong kalipay karon na nagtigum-tigum aning egroup. We are about 5 to 6 generations of Cabu Navs in this egroup. As a moderator ganahan kong mag hisgot hisgot sa mga butang nga atong pirmi gihisgotan sa atong Bible studies nga mag likay likay si Jun Palad pag naa na si Raul hehehe. Karon nga naa na tay Madre, full time workers, pastors, missionaries, layminister, elders, managers, engineers, doctor, abogado, mga mama, papa, lolo lola mga apo, estudeyante negosyante ug uban pa, unya spread out through-out the world. Lets look at those basic things that we used to talk, argued and wondered.
I would like us to comment on the this article of John Mc Arthur: (Dili apo ni Douglas ha?)


CONFESSION OF CHRIST'S LORDSHIP

In order to give glory to Christ, we must confess Christ as Lord. That brings about salvation. That is not a second act. You don't say, "I've taken Him as Savior, and later on I'll make Him Lord." Those aren't two distinct things. When you are saved, you confess Christ as Lord. Romans 10:9 says, "...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." In other words, salvation is a matter of confessing the lordship of Christ--confessing that He is God and that He is sovereign.

Are You a Lordship Salvationist? Somebody asked me if I was a "lordship salvationist." According to that individual, a lordship salvationist is someone who believes that you must believe that Jesus is Lord in order to be saved. I said that I didn't know any other way to accept Christ. He is Lord; and I accept Him on His terms, not mine. I don't redefine Jesus as something less than He is, and then accept Him that way. I asked him if Jesus is Lord and he said, "Yes." I said, "Then how do you take Him?" And he said, "You must take Him as He is." When you confess Jesus as Lord, you bring glory to God. But no one can glorify God until they confess Jesus as Lord.

R.G. Amir

Go and Make Disciples of all Nations

Understanding Islam