Friday, March 13, 2009

I don't buy the idea

Bay, RG, and Jay (I still need to meet you),

I suggest that we huddle into a small corner so we can talk a little bit about
this while everyone is still greeting each other and telling stories of their
adventure or misadventure in life with God. Sometime I view this as a huge
fellowship where everyone just wanted to talk and there a few of us enjoyed
watching and smiling that at the end of the time, our jaws started to lock up and
become sore.

By the way, I don't buy the idea that "The starting point of salvation is
the acknowledgment of Lordship of Christ".

I would rather say that the starting point of salvation is the acknowledgment
of oneselve's helplessness that no matter what he/she does he still fall short
of the glory of God. Unless there is that acknowledgement, how else would
he come to Christ?

Ssssshhh. Let's keep our voices low. Maybe the "not so young" generations
as Cres would put it who are just smiling or busy deleting messages might
want to chip in.

Warm regards,

Edd

Go and Make Disciples of all Nations

Understanding Islam