Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Temptation


This is the next Red Letter in my Bible:
Mat 4:10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"
This the response of Jesus when Satan promised Him the world if Jesus will bow down and worship Satan.

Lord Jesus: Now RG that you begin to listen, let me say this directly.
Satan's purpose in tempting you is for you to bow down and worship him.

You probably observed in my previous word exchanges with him that he was progressively pushing me to worship him.

First, he appealed to my physical needs -So I reminded him and myself that physical satisfaction is not everything that matter in life, what God said is equally important, and I would say more important than just satisfying our physical needs and wants. (Food, shelter, pleasure and comfort)

Second, he wanted me to shift role with God - I am God alright, but during this time I was a real man who bow down to obey the Father and will not do anything on my own. But Satan wanted me to shift role, he wanted me to tell the Father to do something when I throw myself into the air.

And finally, he wanted me to worship him. That is his goal..
This is exactly the same strategy he used when he tempted Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, and he will use the same strategy over and over again when he tempts you. He was successful with Adam and Eve, and he has been successful from that time on...until he met Me..

REJOICE RG!!!!, because you are my friend!!! you don't have to be counted as one of his successes. I am here to strengthen you and provide a way of scape for you.

RG: Oh God ....my God...I worship you Lord....

(silence............)

RG: You mean to say Lord, temptation may lead to Satan worship?

Lord Jesus: If you yield to temptation, yes, because that is his objective...remember he usurped power from God and he wanted to be god so that angels and people will also worship him.

RG: Lord I can see this among unbelievers...but how about among the believers?

Lord Jesus: Oh RG, you have opened a wound in my heart...

RG: Why?

Lord Jesus: Because many many professing Christians are still living, believing that physical realm is what life is all about and that's all that matters... Good food, beautiful houses, lots of money, pleasure, sexual satisfaction, self satisfaction and comfortable life... therefore they are wide open for Satan to initiate temptation. Good that some of them learned not to shift role...but some go one step further...they wanted to rule and do it in their own way, some of them neglected God all the way but some continue to remember God to assist them to pursue worldly gain... so you still see them pray, go to fellowship thinking that they will have a connections in pursuing their agenda of satisfying their craving for physical satisfaction. They manipulate, exploit people and calling them brothers sisters in the Lord...This is not just happening among ordinary believers...it is happening in high profile Christian personalities.. leaders...pastors, deacons..priests..bishops...you name it...
RG my hearts bleeds for them... because I know that the next step is... they will be worshiping Satan...

RG: Oh Lord...I want to cry with you for this sad reality... I want to pray for my friends in the Navs, in Open Door and other friends who are professing to follow you. Now I understand why you teach your disciple a prayer that includes....."...and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil..."

Lord Jesus: That is why RG I always made it clear for everyone who wants to follow me that I am LORD, and I should not have a rival, not even your wife, your children and people that you love, not even yourself , and how much more with the things in this world... Not because I am insecure or trying to flex my muscles..I want everyone to bow down to me as Lord because sooner or later they will be bowing down to Satan as their lord... It's a way of loving you... protecting you under my wings... I am sad when Christians argue and defy my Lordship as if I am stripping them of their happiness

RG: Oh Lord... now I see the big perspective... yes Lord...You are my Lord and I will continue worship you as my Lord... who can resist this love...Oh God my loving God ...thank you so much..


Go and Make Disciples of all Nations

Understanding Islam