Monday, July 5, 2010

The Red Letters in my Bible

My longing to have a meaningful conversation with Jesus has brought me to read the words in the New Testament particularly the Gospel which He directly spoke. They are in red letters in some of the Bibles.

As I read it I also begin to ask question and interact with Jesus about what He said.. This time of interaction is amazingly very enriching... so I decided to write them here.

I am following the book of Matthew:

Here is the first red letters in this book. This during the time of Jesus' Baptism by .John the Baptist.

"Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." (Mat. 3:15)

Ronnie: Honestly, Lord I don't understand why you have to go through this baptism.

Jesus: Let it be so now;

Ronnie: You mean to say Lord there are things that I do not understand but I just have to accept it? I think I just have to trust You for that.

Jesus: it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness

Ronnie: Lord if I am John hearing you saying that "it is proper for us to this".. I think I will take You in your words. But what do you mean by "to fulfill all righteousness"? what righteousness are you talking about? What is the connection between your baptism to this righteousness? what is you baptism is all about?

Jesus: Look for other passages that talk about my baptism

Ronnie: Ok Lord here it comes:
Mar 10:38 "You don't know what you are asking," Jesus said. "Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?"
Mar 10:39 "We can," they answered. Jesus said to them, "You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with,
Mar 10:40 but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared."

Luk 12:50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed!
Ronnie: Ok now I think your baptism is not the same as the baptism of repentance but a baptism to start your life here on earth to fulfill what God has promised. The Salvation that will come from what you have done in the cross.. the suffering until death.. so that we can have the righteousness that God requires.
Thank you Jesus...

Go and Make Disciples of all Nations

Understanding Islam