Saturday, July 10, 2010

Repentance




This is the next red letter in my Bible.
Mat 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."
Jesus began preaching with this words which was the same as what John the Baptist was saying.

RG: Lord You preached the same words that John the Baptist preached. Is it because his role is to prepare the way for you and you have to show that you are the one he was talking about?

Lord Jesus: Yeah but its more than that. There is something in that preaching that I want to emphasize upfront.

RG: Yeah I feel that these words are loaded. what do you mean by the Kingdom of heaven is near, in some translation say "at hand".

Lord Jesus: The Kingdom of heaven is the place where the King reigns, where God reign where He is obeyed as King and Lord.

RG: Is not the earth part of your Kingdom?

Lord Jesus: Yes but the first man that I assigned to rule the earth surrendered it to Satan by disobeying me. From that time on Satan had been claiming the earth as his and insisting to take control of the affairs of this world. He did a lot of damage especially in hearts of people. There was a time when I decided to wipe-out all that I have created by flood, but I can not just give up the people that I created in my own image. So I planned to strike back at Satan.

RG: You mean to say Lord that Satan has not really took control of the earth totally?

Lord Jesus: No, that is impossible, I am the creator and Lord of all that I created, so for each generation I have set aside people who did not bow down to him but continue to worship me. I choose individuals, families, clans and nation to continue to declare my Name until I come here the first time. So now I, the King is here, I brought with me the pure Kingdom of Heaven!!! The striking back is on.

RG: Then why did you tell your hearer to REPENT!! what do you mean by REPENT?

Lord Jesus: This is not the first time you read this word in the Scriptures. Go ahead see some verses both in the new and old testament and observed where repentance is associated with.

RG: Hmmm hard work hehehehe, but I am eager to know.
.... (finding the word repent using e-sword)
Ok 38 verses 12 from old testament and 26 from new testament. Both in the Old and New Testament repentance is associated with turning away from sin, or worship of other gods and turning to God, and in almost all cases, God forgave and restored the person or the nation who repented. Another observation Lord, your people has a cycle of sin-repent-forgiven and sin again repent again and forgiven...

Lord Jesus: Yes you're right and that is only for my people those who have done their first repentance.

RG: What do you mean?

Lord Jesus: Your first repentance happened when you believe in me that I am the one who saved you from your sin. And you also believe that I am the Lord that you should obey and not Satan nor his teaching and principles. So this is your first act of repentance; turning away from sin and turning to God. But I know that Satan has done a lot of damage to you, and while I am healing you, you will still sin, but I am always ready to forgive because those sins are included when I paid the penalty of sins on the cross.

RG: Oh Lord thank you so much for what you have done... I drowning in you Love...

Lord Jesus: There is one more thing that I want to tell you about repentance. The word that I used which is translated as "Repent" means "to think differently afterwards". You see you are coming from different kingdom.

RG: Lord, you know that I did not worship Satan, so I never been to his kingdom.

Lord Jesus: I know, but you've been living in your own kingdom of whom you are the king! and most of the laws you follow is the same as the laws of Satan, oh yeah, you also follow some of my laws but you were very selective... you like my laws when it favors you otherwise you just ignore it and follow the other camp. So, RG I hope you understand that when you made your first repentance it also means you surrendered your kingship and your kingdom.

RG: Yes I realized it later Lord that that's what it means.

Lord Jesus: So I want you to think differently now! because you now belong to a Heavenly Kingdom so I want your full attention to Kingdom that you now belong. If you keep on looking back to your little kingdom you will find it hard to understand the things of the Kingdom of God to which you now belong. OH I have so many wonderful things to tell you about this Kingdom..so leave behind your little kingdom and focus your eyes on the Kingdom of God. This is what I mean by repentance... Think differently now!!!

RG: Oh Lord its getting more exciting...guide me and take where ever you want...Todo na Kasado na..


Go and Make Disciples of all Nations

Understanding Islam